Monday, May 9, 2016

Don't give up

I will name her Sarah. We met her in the city of Ambato, Ecuador during a mission trip. Our music group was invited to sing during a series of conferences for a church in that city. Every night we opened the conference with a concert. But one night,while we were singing, we saw her. Standing in from of the stage during the whole concert crying. 
At the end of the concert,one of the ladies from the group went to see Sarah and hug her. Then she called the rest of the group to pray for Sarah. At that point Sarah told us her story. This girl with only fifteen years old was raped. Her mother took her to rehabilitation center to overcome her trauma and there she was raped twice more. She felt dirty, without any value and she was planning to take her own life.
Her mother take her to the conference and Sarah challenge  God. She told God "if you really love me and you don't want me to kill myself please give a sign" "if any of those people singing that they don't know me comes and gives me a hug, then  I will know that you love me".

God demonstrated Sarah how much he loves her. That in spite of her wounds she has a life ahead and gave her a new beginning.

No matter the circumstances that have happened in your life, you can start again. Don't give up. No surrender means fighting, you do not let down by the fight, you continue until you crush what afflicts you.

Sarah always dream to be a Doctor. When we returned to the United States, we decided to raise money and when Sarah went to college we paid for her first semester. Last week I called a friend in Ecuador and she told me that Sarah continued her studies.




No comments:

Post a Comment