Wednesday, July 20, 2016

The Fearless Lion

Last night while talking to my youngest daughter I asked her: What would be a good topic for my blog? She answered: Mom talk about fear. 
 
For several weeks my daughter has started to feel fear at bedtime. She said that she is afraid to be the last in falling asleep. The latest tragic events that have happened in the United States have created in her the fear of losing her family and the fear of been alone terrifies her.
I remember that when I was her age I had the same fear. Eventually I learned that fear was part of my imagination and later on I overcome it. 
 
I will like to share the following story written by Enrique Fuentes about the Fearless Lion. Tonight this is going to be my daughters bedtime story.


In a distant African Savannah, a lion was lost. He was more that twenty days away from his territory. Thirst and hunger were devouring him. Fortunately, he found a lake of fresh and crystal clear waters. He ran fast to drink from it, to satisfy its thirst and save his life.
 
When approaching, he saw his face reflected in these calm waters.
 -Oops! The lake belongs to another lion he thought. Terrorized he fled without drinking water.
 
Thirst was increasing and he knew that without drinking water he would die. The next morning he went back to the lake. Same as previous day he saw his face reflected, and again in panic, he back up without drinking.
 
So the days passed with the same result. Finally, in one of those day, he realized that it would be that last if he don't face his rival. He took the final decision to drink water from the lake no matter what happens. He put his head to drink and his rival, the dreaded lion, disappeared!
 
Many of our fears are imaginary. Only when you face them will disappear. Never leave your uncontrolled imagination usurps the place of the reality. Do not get lost in the creations and reflections of your own mind.  Your dreams and desires are behind your fears. What will you do to face your fears?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment