Wednesday, June 1, 2016

You are unique

A King went to his garden and discovered that its trees, shrubs and flowers were dying.
The Oak told him that he was dying because it could not be as high as the pine.
 
Turning to the Pine tree, found it fallen because it could not give grapes as the Vine.
The Vine was dying because it could not bloom like the Rose.
 
And the Rose was crying for not been strong and solid like the Oak.
 
Then the king found another plant, a blooming Carnation. The king asked: How is it that you grow so healthy in the middle of this faded and shaded garden?
 
The flower answered: Because I always knew that when you planted me you wanted carnations. In that moment I said to myself: I will try to be the most beautiful carnation of this garden and here I am.
 
 Sometimes that happens to us. We live withering lives: in our proper dissatisfactions, in our absurd comparisons with the others. If I was, if I had, if life was...always bringing together an uncertain future, instead of a concrete present. Not wanting to see that happiness is our decision.
 
We will be able to bloom the day that we accept that this is what we are, that God created us unique and unrepeatable.
 
Choose today to be happy with what you are and remember that you are unique.


Unknown author
 


No comments:

Post a Comment